Engineering Lead Java [Attract – Acquisition] - ManoMano
Launched in 2013, ManoMano is Europe’s leading marketplace for DIY, home improvement and gardening online.
Co-founded by Philippe de Chanville and Christian Raisson, ManoMano brings together the largest offer of DIY & gardening online products: electricity, plumbing, hardware, frames, indoor and outdoor furniture, tools, etc.
With more than 3500 seller partners and 5 million products, ManoMano operates in 6 markets (France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom).
Thanks to the success of our fundraising (311 million euros to date), ManoMano now has more than 600 Manas & Manos spread across our 4 offices in Paris (x2), Bordeaux and Barcelona. With a quarter of international staff (24 different nationalities), ManoMano is a real melting pot reflecting our European ambitions. The team is also distinguished by its young and very dynamic spirit with an average age of 31.
Proud to be part of the Next 40 since 2019 (top 40 French startups), we have the ambition to be the n°1 destination for home improvement in Europe.
Joining ManoMano is a great professional and personal experience. It is an ideal environment to put your skills to work on innovative projects on a European scale.
Because people, and especially employees, are at the heart of ManoMano’s culture, we are renowned for the optimal working conditions we offer.
Have a look at our Blog : https://medium.com/manomano-tech
To consolidate its position as DIY and Gardening online leader, ManoMano has put technology at the heart of its strategy.
We are convinced it is by fluidly delivering qualitatives products that we will be able to offer our clients and merchants all the functionalities to revolutionise their online DIY experience.
As a fast growing company, we are always on the look for ingenious and passionate people.
At ManoMano, we love and aspire to :
- Push often and serenely to production
- Monitor code and functionalities (mistakes, product metrics)
- Take advantage of containers flexibility (docker)
- Leverage cloud scalability (AWS)
- Migrate to a micro-services architecture
- Migrate to a SPA frontend
- Cultivating continuous improvement
As Tech Lead your mission is composed of three main streams :
Proximity management of the developers of your team (2 to 5 developers), technical ownership of the feature team scope and commitment on project delivery.
You are forming a leadership team with the Product Manager and expert developers alongside other roles such as agile coach, to bring our products to life.
1- Proximity Management
- you are the N+1 manager for all developers of the feature team (back and front) and manage travel expenses, holidays, account permission, career plan, etc…
- you have regular 1/1 with your team members, challenge their work and decide of quarterly bonus performance
- you see the role of manager as a facilitator, a coach, who help team members to learn more and progress at their best
2- Technical Ownership
- you own the team scope global codebase: performance, availability, technical choices… You delegate work to your team members to imply them and be more efficient but at the end, you are the one responsible
- you rely on expert skills: Spine Archi teams, Senior developers in your team, SRE, Engineering Manager of your Tribe… you know when you need someone skills and how to use it at best
- you train the team or organize it with Senior dev, when it is appropriate
- when the group is not aligned on one clear direction about a technical or a process topic, you are the one who takes the lead and makes the call
- you participate to quarterly and regular roadmap discussions, with the Product Manager of the feature team, and you provide the technical inputs for the roadmap
- you know how to challenge a business opportunity/problem and you know how to argument tech needs
- with the help of Scrum Master, you focus on the next sprint to ensure tech refinement, remove dependencies in order to enable the team reach their sprint goal and their quarter roadmap
We do at ManoMano
- Software craftsmanship: clean code, testing, peer programming, code review…
- Devops: CI/CD, observability…
- React, PHP/Symfony, Java SpringBoot, Gradle, Quarkus, Python, Go, NodeJS, MariaDB, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, Docker, Linux, AWS…
- GSuite, Slack, Confluence, Draw.io, JIRA…
- You are a natural leader
- You know that a DONE work is better than Perfect work
- Technically knowledgeable / « a doer » – not afraid to DO, participate and help others / you are not afraid to to take initiatives and offer new solutions
- Innovative and creative
- Excellent digital culture and Data Driven
- Autonomous and adaptable (desire to work in a fast growing environment / Start-up) you like working in a fast changing environment
- Humble et curious with a big appetite to learn discover and experiment new things
- You are a good communicator able to speak with SRE about infrastructure problems and with business owner about next roadmap priorities
- You come to work with good intentions and good vibes, in a team spirit
- Fluent english required
What we can offer you at ManoMano
- Fast growing start-up environment
- International & agile company
- 2 days per week work from home
- 7 weeks holidays
- Sponsorings to external conferences – organisation of internal and external Meetups
- Crafternoons every Thursday afternoon (share your knowledges, learn from others)
- Amazing work environment in Paris 17th, Barcelona & Bordeaux
- Health insurance
- Restaurant card (56% at ManoMano charge)
- 50% off annual commun transport
If all the above rings a bell, it probably means that we are meant to meet each other ! Please get in touch.« So, come and plant the seeds of your success and gather the fruits of your labour »