Engineering Manager [Pay] W/M - ManoMano
Launched in 2013, ManoMano is Europe’s leading marketplace for DIY, home improvement and gardening online.
Co-founded by Philippe de Chanville and Christian Raisson, ManoMano brings together the largest offer of DIY & gardening online products: electricity, plumbing, hardware, frames, indoor and outdoor furniture, tools, etc.
With more than 3500 seller partners and 5 million products, ManoMano operates in 6 markets (France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom).
Thanks to the success of our fundraising (311 million euros to date), ManoMano now has more than 600 Manas & Manos spread across our 4 offices in Paris (x2), Bordeaux and Barcelona. With a quarter of international staff (24 different nationalities), ManoMano is a real melting pot reflecting our European ambitions. The team is also distinguished by its young and very dynamic spirit with an average age of 31.
Proud to be part of the Next 40 since 2019 (top 40 French startups), we have the ambition to be the n°1 destination for home improvement in Europe.
Joining ManoMano is a great professional and personal experience. It is an ideal environment to put your skills to work on innovative projects on a European scale.
Because people, and especially employees, are at the heart of ManoMano’s culture, we are renowned for the optimal working conditions we offer.
Have a look at our Blog : https://medium.com/manomano-tech
Background & Missions
ManoMano, already positioned as European leader in DIY, wants to propose the best online experience in DIY ecommerce. For this, ManoMano is growing fast and is looking for an Engineering Manager in Paris to support multiple teams on the Buyers tribe.
These teams are in charge of the platform managing transaction flows at ManoMano; from customer payment to seller’s invoicing and compliance.
You will be in charge of a tribe, composed of 2 to 4 teams, in order to create, in collaboration with the product and UX / UI teams, an amazing experience for the merchants and the customer.
Your mission is to manage complex technology projects, ensure the growth and achievement of your team’s goals and drive improvements on your teams’ perimeters.
It is expected that you act as a mentor to help your teams grow and deliver high quality products and services.
You will ensure that projects are on track and work closely with ManoMano developers and technical teams to make the things happen !
Work closely with product teams to build the best products for our customers and merchants.
You will be responsible for the planning, execution and success of complex technological projects: it also has the function of anticipating blockers and being the one who will make life easier for the teams !
Be the guarantor of the ManoMano Tech culture, make it live and make sure your teams are happy to come every morning.
You will collaborate with ManoMano Talent Team to recruit the best developers to complete your teams
Technical stack :
Java >= 8 with SpringBoot 2 / Kotlin
PHP >= 7 with Symfony 3.4 & 4
Git / Gitlab
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- A solid experience in technical teams management (more than 8 people) and in project management
- Previous experience as Senior Lead Developer / Engineering Manager ideally
- Relevant experience in building payment systems or transaction management systems
- Soul of a leader and like to drive ambitious projects
- Creative / Innovative
- Data Driven in decision making
- Fluent in english
- Autonomous and adaptable (able to work in a constantly changing environment)
- Team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a good sense of humor!
- Curious with a strong desire to test and experiment new solutions in your work
- New technologies / e-commerce have no secrets for you
At ManoMano we offer :
- Fast growing scale-up environment
- international & agile company
- attend external events, fairs & Meetups
- sponsorings to external conferences – organisation of internal and external Meetups
- crafternoons every Thursday afternoon (share your knowledges, learn from others)
- 35 holidays
- 2 days a week work from home
- attractive salary (package)
If all the above rings a bell, it probably means that we are meant to meet each other ! Please get in touch.« So, come and plant the seeds of your success and gather the fruits of your labour »