Fundraising Officer - Blueseeds
Launched in April 2018, the BlueSeeds project was born because of the urgent need to increase the financial sustainability of marine conservation projects in the Mediterranean. Thanks to the support of the Mava Foundation, the BlueSeeds team is developing solutions for marine protected areas.
BlueSeeds offers marine conservation stakeholders a range of tailor-made solutions: support for local entrepreneurship, practical training, development of innovative technologies and assistance in the implementation of financing mechanisms. More information on our actions at www.blueseeds.org
With a growing number of projects, BlueSeeds wants to strengthen its multidisciplinary and passionate team with a fundraising officer to deploy its commercial offer.
– Job description : Fundraising Officer
18-month fixed-term contract – Beginning July 2021
As a fundraising officer, you will join the multidisciplinary BlueSeeds team and report to Mr. Thomas Binet, founder and director of BlueSeeds, and be supervised by Adèle de Toma, BlueSeeds’ operations manager.
Working closely with all members of the team, your goal is to develop and implement fundraising strategies for BlueSeeds and its partners: marine conservation managers in Mediterranean.
In collaboration with the BlueSeeds team, you will be in charge of :
- Developing a database of potential funders for BlueSeeds offer, and inform about the characteristics of funding processes for each funder.
- Maintain and develop relationships with funders, for BlueSeeds and for its partners.
- Assist the BlueSeeds team in the development of trainings supports about fundraising for
development of new projects to be funded.
- Contribute to the organization of a fundraising event for Mediterranean marine conservation
- Representing BlueSeeds at external meetings to secure donations.
- Strategic Direction
- Develop and update a strategic plan to guide fundraising activities and revenue generation.
- Work in conjunction with the Director and the manager to have a good overall understanding
of all revenue streams.
- Work with the team to raise awareness of BlueSeeds through its web site and social medias.
- Contribute to the valorisation of marine conservation partners, their success, their future
projects, through BlueSeeds website and social medias.
- Stay abreast of fundraising good practice and legislation, ensuring compliance with BlueSeeds and its partners.
- Network with fundraisers and BlueSeeds partners.
- Support BlueSeeds team with ad hoc tasks.
- 18-month fixed-term contract position starting July 2021, with the possibility of moving to a permanent contract.
- Salary according to profile and experience.
- Based at Darwin Ecosystem, 87 Quai des Queyries, 33000 Bordeaux, France.
– Required profile
With a Master’s degree (or equivalent) from a Business School or equivalent, you have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position, ideally in organizations, institutions or agencies working on environmental issues.
– Knowledges and skills required
- Experience of NGO fundraising.
- Experience in environmental NGOs and/or environmental foundations.
- Excellent knowledge of grant applications process.
- Experience of a wide range of communication methods including press and social media.
- Perfect mastery of French and English in both written and oral communication. Other Mediterranean languages (Arabic, Italian, Spanish, etc.) appreciated.
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good understanding of marine conservation issues and Mediterranean context.
You will need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, from field actors to financial managers.
- Flexible and strategic mindset, ability to set and work to goals and targets.
- Ability to network, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Organizational skills, teamwork and priority management,
- Strong autonomy, sense of initiative, strength of proposal, creativity,
- Very good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and team spirit,
- Motivation and curiosity about environmental protection and marine conservation issues.
Send your CV and cover letter before 20th June 2021 by email to Adèle de Toma: firstname.lastname@example.org.